Saturday, December 17, 2011

Violin/Viola Recital

Well, it's that time of year again when I share my kids amazing, spectacular, awe-inspiring talent with the whole world, or at least with the 15 or 20 people who will actually watch the video I am putting up for you.  See...and you don't even have to buy a ticket or anything!

But before I get to that, the recital went really well. Zach actually showed up mentally and did pretty well once he got into his groove. The beginning was a bit rough, but I was very pleased with what he did.  Plus, he didn't swing his body back and forth violently.  It was a pretty darn successful day for him.

This is Raef and Zach's music teacher, Dustin Budish. He has about 20 students in his studio and we go to his place downtown every week for lessons.


Here are a few of the other students. This is probably about half of the students who performed today.


 After the official recital and some refreshments, most of the kids played a bunch of Christmas songs with Dustin. It was a lot of fun. They were just sight-reading it. Well, except for my kids. They play out of this book all the time. In fact, they will be playing some of the same songs next week as prelude music in church.




Zach kept making really silly faces for a little boy that was sitting right in front of him. I probably should have given him the evil eye and all, but it was just cracking me up.  He is a riot, I tell you.



I really could only see the top of Raef's head, but I peeked to the side to get this shot of him.



Zach's rendition of Gavotte, by J. S. Bach


Raef's rendition of Concerto in D Minor by A. Vivaldi


Concerto in G Major by Telemann, Raef and Dustin duet


Zach and group perform Concerto for Two Violins by J. S. Bach


And finally, Zach's first piano recital number, Fiesta Espana by N. Faber




1 comment:

Christi Sewell said...

They are amazing. Tell them congratulations on the wonderful performances.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...