Saturday, July 28, 2012

Repurposed Dresser

Like I promised, here is another repurposing project I finished a couple of weeks ago.

I found this beauty on the side of the road in front of our condo in St. George. I made my poor husband put it in the garage. It is pretty darn heavy. It may look like junk to the regular guy, but I could see its inner beauty. It was missing one drawer and the top had pretty much peeled off.




Here was my solution...



I found the blue hexagon tile at the Habitat for Humanity Restore, and since I didn't have enough, I found the extra small glass tiles at Home Depot.  Then Rinar and I frantically got to work laying it all out before the cement dried. It was a whole lot of little cuts with the tile saw.

Rinar added on extra molding at the top to give it a border and then I added on moldings on the sides and on the drawers to give it some architectural interest. Now it is a chic toy cabinet in my family room. Sorry, I was lazy and took the picture before the toys were picked up. You get the idea.




2 comments:

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Hi, Kelly, You and your husband are so crafty! That turned out so cute, what a great idea. Impressive tile work, too!

emily said...

I found you! Fun to look through your posts at all your fun projects! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...