Monday, December 5, 2011

Timing

My children have the most amazing timing...like, ever.

We sit down to eat dinner and I ask them, "So, how was your day?  What is going on? Tell me something?"

Answers are usually monosyllabic.  

But when the phone rings and I am talking to someone, then it becomes the perfect time to tell me about some amazing thing they have done.  Or when I am taking a shower, it is just when I need to give a kid permission to play the computer or get a phone number for someone they want to call.  And when I am trying to do a difficult yoga balance move that requires all of my concentration, that is exactly when they need to tell me what dastardly thing one of their siblings has done the day before. Or it is when they need a drink of water, or a puzzle from the top shelf, or cheese, or a cookie, or a pickle...oh you get the idea.


Like I said, their timing is always impeccable. Maybe that is why they are all going to be professional musicians someday....it is the perfect timing, of course.


1 comment:

Meridy said...

amen! my kids are exactly the same. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...