Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Hole-In-One Day

We seem to be in a holding pattern for "starting slow" every morning. But yes, once again, it was a slow start. It didn't really matter because Rinar went to work really early in the morning. We are talking 5am. He has been really busy. Hence, no car.

We weren't going anywhere.

When he did get back, he packed up his stuff and we took him to the airport. That's right. Rinar is out of town, even though we are out of town. He is in Denver meeting with really important people. No, I am not in Denver too. I am still here in Albuquerque.

I decided to take the kids to the children's museum called Explora! This is the third one we have been to this year: Boston and Santa Ana, CA were the other two. I have to say that this one is really good. I think it is probably as good as the other two. It is probably a close tie for first with Boston. While we were there, we met an old friend from Atlanta: Katie and two of her three girls. It was fun to see her and I swear she hasn't changed a bit. She doesn't look a day older than the last time I saw her 6 years ago. And she still looks like a teenager. It's her youthful complexion, what can I say?



We had a lot of fun and she is going to bring all of her girls over here tomorrow to go swimming. The weather has warmed up a bit and we have not utilized the pool as much as we should have. Plus, it is much more fun to go swimming when there are other kids to play with while you are there.

After an afternoon siesta, I decided to try and go see the Glowdeo at the Balloon Fiesta. Unfortunately, there was a lot of traffic and no balloons in the air. We are really going to make a full commitment to do this thing tomorrow and Saturday but I was hoping we would be able to see something froma parking lot. We did take a lovely tour of the Target and I got some adorable shoes for Eli and some cookies. Eli loves cookies.

On the way home, there was a Putt-Putt Golf thing and so we made a pit stop to play a round. The kids had a lot of fun and Zach actually hit a hole-in-one on the 8th green. It was quite amazing. I got a hole-in-one on the 9th. Raef was close several times. I have to say that Zach is very competitive. I am just so stymied trying to figure out where he gets it from. {chuckle, chuckle}
And for the record, Eli now has 4 teeth: 3 on the bottom and one on the top. He is very close to crawling. He will get on his knees and start rocking back and forth. I expect the new gait to come any day now. And when he gets hungry he will say either Mama or baba. Or he just alternates between the two. This is not a coincidence because he has done it several times. But I am not counting as his first word yet. However, I am feeling very confident that he first word will NOT be Dada.

Sorry, Honey.



2 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like fun, I am also puzzled over the competitveness you are seeing in Zach. I am new to that kind of behavior in the Erickson Family. ;) ;)

Kelly said...

hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...