Friday, October 3, 2008

An American Carol -- MUST SEE!

I just saw An American Carol and let me just say...

I LOVED IT!!!

Caution: This movie is rated PG-13 for some swearing and other silly things.

It is satire at its best. If you are up on current events and can see the blatant hypocrisy of the media and Hollywood elite, this will really appeal to you. I guess that is why it was so appealing to me. There are so many great spoofs, I am going to have to see it again so that I can remember it all.

It starts out with terrorists in Afghanistan that are all named Mohammed Hussein. I was laughing really hard from the beginning. Some other highlights include...

1. ACLU lawyers as zombies
2. College professors stripping down into their 1968 garb singing about indoctrination
3. Students ignorantly chanting ignorance
4. Michael Moore getting slapped, kicked, stepped on about 200 hundred times
5. A touching tribute to our American troops past and present

These are just a few of the things I remember. The story is a bit contrived and silly and it is really just an excuse to do endless skits that scathingly rebuke Hollywood and liberal ideology. Don't go for a plot-driven show, because you will be disappointed. However, it is just laugh out-loud funny. As Rush Limbaugh pointed out on his radio show today, some of it is not funny because it is true. An American Carol is able to bring into focus the importance of the War on Terror and why it is so vitally important and it shows how people like Michael Moore are trying to destroy America.

Did I mention that Michael Moore gets slapped around a whole bunch?

This is just the kind of boost I needed for the next month leading up to the Presidential election. When I get depressed by the barrage of Barack Obama media mania, I will have to go see this movie again.

It gives me hope.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Okay,

I really enjoyed your last couple of posts...you're on a roll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...