Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is It Really October?

I always seem to forget that it is October in Las Vegas and that October means I should get my decorations out. I never seem to make the connection. Probably because at the beginning of the month, it is still very hot outside. When we left for Albuquerque last week, it was in the mid 90's. However, when we returned yesterday we were greeted with a pleasant temperature change. It had dropped about 30 degrees. YEAH!



After dinner I realized I should get out the darn decorations. I don't have a lot of stuff because I only use the stuff for one month and then I have to store it for 11. As soon as I announced my decorating idea to the kids, they were absolutely thrilled. Raef just loves doing this kind of stuff. He started putting little pumpkins everywhere. I recommended that he not put them on the very edge of tables because they would most certainly get broken. He was able to see the wisdom in my advice.


I have a fall wreath for the front door and he had to be the one to change it out. It is a lot of fun doing this kind of stuff with them. I just felt kind of bad that it was only one box and there were only about 10 things in there.


I guess we are going to have to find some more things so the kids can do more decorating.

2 comments:

Meridy said...

Good for you! It is hard to make the connection.

Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

likeschocolate said...

Have fun decorating!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...