Sunday, October 26, 2008

Once Upon a Time...

I had a food storage closet.


I worked very hard on my closet: all day Saturday, in fact. It was nice a neat.
But it had flaws.
And then the food storage closet went...KABOOM!

I recycled stuff in my house to make it. For anyone who wants to make a food storage closet, lots of cans on top of a wire shelf thing held together by plastic hinges is not going to work.

I added just one more item: a box of instant potatoes. I closed the door and heard a shift. I opened the door to see what had happened, and it all came out to greet me.

THE END

11 comments:

likeschocolate said...

That sucks! Sorry, I would have been devastated.

Hannah said...

Hi-
I just found your blog when I was googling food storage.

So sorry about your food storage closet! So frustrating! Anyway, it's great that you are doing your food storage.

If you ever need any food storage tips, or recipes to use all your food storage food, feel free to check out our blog!

Good luck!
Hannah @
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/

Julie T. said...

Bummer!

Nadja said...

oh nooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dang! That sucks! But good job getting it all together! But sorry you have to do it all again... I will remember your tip about wire, plastic, and heavy cans! LOL

Angie said...

Ooopps! I have two words, Gorilla Shelf, you can find them at costco. Also that handy husband of yours could build some great shelves I am sure!

Lindsay G said...

You'll be laughing about this later (if you're not already doing that)!

otherwise known as Sam said...

Oh my! I'll have to remember that! Kudos to you, though for HAVING food storage. That is something we are working on.

I have enjoyed reading your blog! I'm so glad you stopped by mine. It looks like we have a lot in common. (Except for all the boys. My son would really like more boys.)

Good luck with the next food organizing attempt!

Sonja said...

Eek!

That last comment was from me, Sonja @ Wonder Years.

Sonja said...

Eek!

That last comment was from me, Sonja @ Wonder Years.

Cheryl said...

Sorry, I had to laugh.---It was the box of instant potatoes causing the landslide and the results coming out to greet you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...