Monday, October 6, 2008

Albuquerque, NM...We Are Here

The temperature is a lot cooler here, than in Las Vegas. When we got off the plane on Saturday night, it was raining fairly steady. Hence, the temperature dropped quite a bit. I don't think we were prepared for colder weather.


Today was our first day to do any real activities. There was nothing going on today at the Balloon Festival, so I decided to take the kids to the Museum of Natural History. They had quite a few dinosaur bones. It was fun to look at and the kids seemed to enjoy everything. There was an entire section on rocks and minerals. It was cool because they had the chemical formula for each rock and we were able to talk about what atoms made the molecules, which goes nicely with what we are learning in our chemistry class.



A nice museum volunteer showed my kids lots of different dinosaur things.

After the museum, we headed over to the National Petroglyph Monument. It is on the outskirts of town. Since I didn't have any kind of backpack to carry Eli in for the trails, I made an impromptu sling from Raef's blanket. It worked pretty well and we were able to walk a couple of short trails. There were tons of petroglyphs everywhere. Those were the first petroglyphs I have ever seen. All these years I have lived in the west and I had never seen one. I finally got that off my back.


For dinner we went to a total dive called the Monte Carlo Steak House. I had seen it on an episode of "Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and I finally got to go. I ordered a steak and it was delicious. We enjoyed it. Eli especially enjoyed all of the soda crackers. He must have eaten 5-6, then some fries, and finally some Texas Toast.


1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Looks like you are having a great time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...