Sunday, October 19, 2008

Primary Program Report

For all of you who might be wondering how it went today...

It was great. The kids did a fantastic job and you could really feel the Spirit at the meeting. I am always so grateful that I get to work with the Primary children. They are so full of love and fun and joy. It warms my soul.

And if you have ever been to a Primary program before, there is always one or two "stars" that emerge from the little "production". And our program was no exception. Usually these stars come from Sunbeams (3 year-olds) or the CTR 5's (4 year-olds). We had a few "stars" from both.

On the right side of the podium were the Sunbeams. Everytime we sang a song, they would stand against the partition so everybody could see them. Apparently, Sophie was so happy to be up there she kept jumping up and down. This caused great consternation for Elayna who was scolding her very loudly to stop it while all of the singing was going on.

On the left side of the podium were the CTR 5's and Justin, Jake, and Halle. They would also step up to the partition when they would sing a song. When the song was done, they would race back to their seats and get into a wrestling match for the best seat. Luckily, there was no blood or hair pulling, but quite a lot of pushing and positioning. It was especially brutal after the second to last song. It was a long program and we limped to the finish line...what can I say?

I got a lot of compliments on how well the kids did. It was hard for me to tell because when you are the creative director of a "production" like this, you only see the flaws and goof-ups. I will have to trust them on it.

I am just glad it is over...until next year.

5 comments:

Jen said...

From an outsider...it was great! The violins were an AMAZING touch!! I am just beyond thrilled that jake even said his part! S-U-C-C-E-S-S (except for the wrestling part which he says they were trying to pick each other up.....boys)...
Thanks for all your hard work!!

Meridy said...

Kids are hilarious!

Karen said...

It was fabulous! You all did such a wonderful job! :)

Our Happily Ever After said...

You always do a great job putting the programs together! Wish I could have been there. I miss my Primary kids!!!

Julie T. said...

I thought the program was great! It makes it all the more enjoyable with the little glitches:) Your Presidency did a great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...