Saturday, February 4, 2012

When Panic Sets In

It occasionally happens to me. I get this panicky, I can't breathe feeling. It usually comes on in the afternoon.  It doesn't happen too much, maybe 3 or 4 times a month, but it is a hard feeling to overcome. Today was one of those days.


I had decided this morning that I wanted to get my house cleaned.  No matter what.  But there was a failure to launch.  It might have been the incessant whining, the never-ending demands for my attention, the recalcitrant 2 year-old bladder, the "art project" in the bathroom, or the put-away toys that kept coming back for an encore.


I just became absolutely overwhelmed and the panic started to rise from deep within me.  I couldn't handle it, and I couldn't find my Norwex rag anywhere to get the urine off the carpet. I just couldn't get it going. No matter how much I walked around putting things away or wiping something down, it just didn't seem to be getting any better.


Oh, the agony!


Somehow or another, I was able to turn things around and the house looked tolerably well when Rinar walked through the door.  But sheesh...it was an angst-filled afternoon.


All I can say is, I was able to go on a date with my husband, my kids are asleep, and I can hear my own thoughts.  In other words...


I'M ALIVE!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...