Sunday, February 19, 2012

How The Saxons Must Have Felt

Rinar went to St. George this weekend to spend time with his family. Alone.  Hence, I have been alone with the kids for the past four days.  Yay for me!


Especially today. It has been a whole lot of fun.  I was able to get them all to church. They were dressed mostly nicely and almost everyone combed their hair. I brought snacks for the little ones and had several books for toddler entertainment.  


Unfortunately, Harry seems to think that ALL of the books belong to him. He has very strong feelings about this. Very. Strong.  This manifested itself on my lap right when sacrament meeting started and Harry raised his voice in fulminating echoes that reverberated throughout all of Christendom.  Julia responded in kind and I felt like an callow Saxon being mutilated by Normans at the Battle of Hastings.  All that was missing was the blood-letting.


I gracefully and quite reverently, I might add, yanked Harry out of sacrament by his ankles, threw him abruptly on the couch and then returned to extract Rapunzel from her sacred pew.  She went on the other end of the couch. 


Then I sat there to try to bring my blood pressure down. I should have remembered my tapping exercises. Darn!  


However, I was rescued by Amber, who luckily was sitting close enough to see that I might need to be rescued myself.  She was only about 20 rows away from me.


She took the kids and I partook of the sacrament, sang three hymns and listened to 3 lovely talks.


I just relish it when my husband is gone.  Good times.

5 comments:

Denice said...

There is NOTHING like navigating Sacrament meeting alone with your kids. I must say I saw you take both naughties out and you were super graceful... and super cute with your new hair-do. See, I know what is important! :)

likeschocolate said...

One of my best resources for getting through sacrament or the week is young woman from the ward.

Hoku said...

I know that during Sacrament it's usually not the right kind of spirit that I'm feeling - it's more along the lines of the murderous kind. It's only when the kids leave for their various classes that I feel inspired and uplifted. So you have full empathy and condolences from me! We must congratulate ourselves for at least being consistently obedient and faithful in BRINGING the little vagabonds. ;)

NormaKimokeo said...

I. love. Amber.

Haven't met her yet, but I love her already. Angels on earth...

Rebecca said...

LOL!! Totally got the picture in my head1 Maybe cause I've been there? I'm finally getting to that point in life where I can listen to about 10 minutes of sacrament meeting without getting interrupted. Ahhh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...