Monday, June 23, 2008

Suzuki Camp -- Day 1

Today was the first day of Suzuki Violin Camp for my boys. They did pretty good but it is pretty apparent that they have not been in a school setting.

It was a long day for them and Zach had a hard time following directions, pretty much all the time, all day. In one class the teacher kept calling out his name to get him back on track. I am hoping that tomorrow he will start to get it more. When that teacher asked the class if they had any questions, Zach raised his hand and asked him, "When is lunch?" Mind you, it was the second class of the day and not even 11am.

Raef was a model student and followed directions like a dream. So, whether they are in a class or not, they are pretty much the same wherever they go. At lunch, they were playing games, and Raef fell down and was crying very loudly. I suspect that if he did go to public school, he wouldn't do that anymore, once he were called a cry-baby or something like that. But I guess it doesn't matter when you know Mom is there for you.

So, like I said, it was pretty obvious that they have not been in a school setting before.

I don't think it will take them long for them to adjust, though. They are both smart kids. I will make sure to post some pictures as the week progresses.

Tomorrow, I will have time to get things done that I need to do. I don't even think I know where to start. However, I am looking forward to some free time without two six year-olds to take care of all day.

1 comment:

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Hi, Kelly!

Congrats on your baby boy's birth. I'm a little later on that, as I lost your e-mail addy since the last time we were together.

How proud you must be of the twins playing violin! ^ years old and homeschooling...I recall when you first talked to me about it. My oldest will be 6 this fall and will be homeschooled, too.

Would you e-mail me sometime? I'd love to invite you to my blog.

fourvikings4victory at gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...