Sunday, December 8, 2013

Catye's Baby Shower


The Friday after Thanksgiving was pretty busy as well. I decided it would be a good time to host a baby shower for my sister. Her baby Paul is almost three months old now, but this is her first baby and it was the best time to celebrate with all family members in town. 

Hence, I was back in the kitchen getting ready for the next party. I had my mom and Leah decorate the room and give it a baby boy festive decor, using the same decorations I used at her wedding reception.  Hey, I am getting my money's worth, right?

I made a super delicious chicken salad, a Gable House recipe, a persimmon and pomegranate salad, fresh lemonade, homemade hummus (that I made about a month before), and a beautiful green salad with blueberries and goat cheese.  Sounds like a girly menu, don't you think?

All the food (besides the chicken salad) was super healthy, a nice balance from the day before.  


The shower was quite lovely and Catye got quite a few gifts. Hopefully, she felt special.


Catye's sister-in-law Jessica holding baby Paul. Isn't he so precious?

In the evening we decided to brave the crowds of opening night, and headed to Temple Square to see the amazing Christmas lights. They did not disappoint. The lights are amazing. The only problem we ran into was exhausted children. As we started to the 20 minute drive to downtown, Harry fell fast asleep in his car seat. That was not a good sign. It was the consequence of too many late nights playing with the cousins. He was pooped.

As soon as we parked the car, he was pretty miserable. But he face lit up when we got on TRAX. But that didn't last long. Therefore, we quickly enjoyed some of the Christmas lights and then it was really time to go home.


But we are not above bribery. In order to get these little legs marching back to the car, we told them we would get them a treat. Fortunately, right before we got onto the freeway, there was a convenience store. They picked out a treat and were quiet all the way home. Money well spent.





Next year, I am taking my kids to Temple Square on a weeknight some time in the middle of December, early in the evening. I think that would be better for many different reasons.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...