Saturday, July 28, 2012

Becky From Manchester

A couple of weeks ago our family hosted a soccer coach from England.  Her name is Becky and she stayed with us for a week.  That was a lot of fun.  There is a British Soccer Camp that makes a tour throughout the summer and they place the coaches with volunteer families.  I have signed Eli up to do the camp in August, but I guess they didn't have enough host families for the last camp that was just here.  The kids loved her and we even started to understand her accent by the end of the week.


As an additional bonus, five of the coaches, including Becky, came over for dinner on Wednesday. Rinar was out of town and they were coming back from an afternoon at Tahoe.  I thought it would be fun to have them over, and it really was.  As I sat around the dinner table with the five of them listening to them talk, I felt like I was in a English pub, except for the beer and smoke, of course. Except, they don't have smoke in pubs anymore, according to my guests. Fun times for our family.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...