Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Julia, Don't Forget Who You Are

Julia likes to put lipstick on her "mips".  I just put the clear stuff on, but she really likes her mips.  

And that brings me to the point of the blog.  What is going on here? Marie Osmond was on a talk show the other week and I was floored at what I saw.  It was Marie, but it really wasn't.  Why?  Why, Marie, have you succumbed to the most horrific plastic mutilation you can do to yourself?


There is only one lady I know who has those kind of lips.


But they seem to work with her face because those are the lips that God gave her.

I just cannot understand why women think that if they plump up their lips to C Battery size, it will look attractive. It is horrible and I abhor it.




Do you remember her?  She used to be beautiful and now she looks absolutely frightening.



And here is someone who I always thought was gorgeous.



But look at what she has turned into...



These women don't seem to know who they are.

I can't help but think of my little Julia.  I have a big job ahead of me. I have to teach her the most important things in this life.  One day she will read this blog, so I am going to address this to her.


Julia...you are a child of God.  He created you in His image. He made you just the way you should be. You are incredibly beautiful, smart, and just plain lovely.  Don't ever forget this. Don't forget who you are.  Your beauty will emanate from the inside out because of the love of God you carry in your heart.  A prophet of God has taught... 

In our world, moral character ofttimes seems secondary to beauty or charm. But from long ago the Lord's counsel to Samuel the prophet echoes: "The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7).

Know with every bit of your soul that you are created in the image of God and that you are His child. Thomas Monson continues, "We cannot sincerely hold this conviction without experiencing a profound new sense of strength and power."

Julia, you don't need puffed up lips, a tighter tummy, fancier clothes, bluer eyes, or blonder hair to be beautiful. The world will tell you this, but it is a big, fat lie. 

Just remember who you are and you will be the most beautiful woman in the world.

1 comment:

i said...

what a blessed daughter you have.
yeah. is is pathatic to alter a beautiful face. so sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...