Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Give Your Kids a Hug

I was trolling around the internet last night and came across this blog, Pack of Fixations. I cried buckets... buckets.  My friend Lindsay posted something on her Facebook account about Kelly and Ryan Pack the day after the accident happened. I think they were friends in high school.  


The Packs were driving home from a family thing on Christmas Eve when they were hit head-on by a huge suburban!  Kelly was injured the most severely, but there precious 18 month-old, Colum, didn't make it.  


Finn and Colum Pack


I think about my five children and how they can drive me insane, how I sometimes want to just float away to some tropical island, where the only sounds are seagulls and waves crashing on the sand.  Oh, how I need to be so grateful that I have all of my kids. They are safe. They are sleeping peacefully right now and in the morning they will drive me crazy once again.  I know I am very blessed for all of that craziness.


I thought I would share this with you all.  The Pack's are really struggling right now.  You have got to read her story.  All I can say is...whoa.  But the worst part is that the driver who brought all this misery into the Pack's lives is uninsured, so not only did they lose their little boy, they are going to be in financial ruin.  Please, click on the link and make a donation to this family.  I am sure that any donation would be greatly appreciated.  Pass their story on to your friends and families.  Share it where ever you can.  Hopefully, by small and simple things are great things brought to pass.


And while you are at it, give your kids a big hug.  I know I will.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...