Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pray When You Lose Something

Harry had a rough night yesterday.  He just didn't want to go to bed. I had to keep putting him back in his room. Finally, I heard no more crying and assumed all was right with the world. Rinar had left on a business trip, so it was just me.  Before I went to bed, I went to tuck everyone in.  When I got to the babies room, Harry was not in his bed.

Okay, no worries... he was probably just on the floor.  Nope, not there either.  I could feel a tiny bit of panic creeping up my insides. I went to my room and looked around. Still nothing.  I knelt down and said a prayer and then I continued my search. I looked in every room in the house, every corner, nook, crevice I could think of, but I still could not find him.

I was about to call Rinar because I was really starting to get worried.  The unimaginable started creeping into my thoughts. What if he somehow got outside?  I mean, we live in the wilderness. I am not exaggerating when I say that there are bears and coyotes out there. What if?  

Just breathe, just breathe.

I went back into his room. I stood still and started to listen. I heard Julia breathing, but then I heard another cadence of breaths.  He was in the room. Where?

Wedged between the bunk bed and the wall, I found Harry sound asleep. I extricated him from his little hiding place, held him for a few minutes and then put him to bed.

I came to realize something even more profoundly after my little hunting expedition.  I am not doing this alone. My Father in Heaven is right there with me every step of the way helping me take care of my kids. I know that He protects them and guides them. I know that He loves them even more than I do.  For all those years when Rinar worked in Albuquerque and would be gone for days, I was never alone. Sometimes I would be scared and overwhelmed, but nothing bad ever happened.  I pray for their safety every day and by His grace, He gives it so freely.  

I am very grateful.

1 comment:

Hoku said...

LOVED this entry! So true.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...