Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eagle Co-op

We went to Eagle Co-op today. The kids have a lot of fun going to classes...different classes. Raef takes U.S. Geography, Self Defense, and Lego Builders. Zach is in Self Defense, Cooking Around the World, and Watercolor.  They specifically told me they wanted to be in different classes. It seems to be working out well for both of them.

While they are in their classes, Eli is in a little preschool. They actually do preschool stuff. Today he learned about the letter 'B'.  Last week it was 'A'. He takes his activities very seriously and works hard coloring and stuff.

I team teach a biology class. Today I did a lecture on taxonomy.  I even did a pathetic rap to help them remember the classification levels (kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus species). I don't think I have much of a future in rap.

Zach was very proud of his watercolor.  I took them to soccer practice tonight and he made sure to take his watercolor to show everyone. I had no idea he took it out of the car.  When we got home, he asked if he could put it on his blog.  Can you give the kid some love and leave a comment? I know he will be asking to see if anyone did.

But here is his masterpiece...


I didn't tell him what to type on his blog. This is what he wrote...

I made this picture all by myself.My favorite part is the clouds. It just looks so real. Don't you think?



3 comments:

Hoku said...

Before I even read the comment I thought, "My favorite part is the clouds. They look very realistic." How cool is that?!

I think it looks like a beautiful summer sky and should be put in a frame (hint, hint Mom). ;)

NormaKimokeo said...

I think it's so cool that your kids are learning so many neat things... I love the painting. I'm sure it will find a special spot in the house.

Lindh Family said...

Great job, Zach! To Kelly: King Phillip Came Over From Great Spain. Might be as helpful as a rap, not sure. My bio teacher shared it with our class and it helped me. Have fun teaching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...