Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thoughts on My Pregnancy at 33 Weeks

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I hit the dreaded scale.

194

I didn't gain any weight. So my babies continue to gain weight and I am holding steady. I seemed to have slowed down and I am happy about that. Hopefully, I will be able to maintain this trend for the last month. We shall see.

Everything seems to be going well. I talked to my doctor about an amniocentisis. Apparently, they will do an amnio if you want to be done and you are at least 37 weeks. I do not want one, no matter what. I can stick it out for one more week and be absolutely miserable if I don't go into labor on my own. I know I can do it. I have done this before, plus I have run a marathon. This is nothing!

I called my perinatologist' office today and they said that he wants to do an amnio on me at 36 weeks. I told the office lady, "No way!" I guess I will be able to have that discussion with him next week for my 34 week appointment.

I have already decided: I am going to be pregnant in October and those babies are coming home with me from the hospital. No NICU, no tubes. They will be healthy, fat little babies. I know I can do it. In order for this to happen, my house will be extra messy, Eli may be a little neglected, and Raef and Zach might get extra television and computer time. But I don't care. I am having fat, healthy, October babies.

7 comments:

Lanell said...

I hear ya! I've had twins in the NICU and had to leave them behind while I went home and it's just not fun. I hope you get your wish and get two fat healthy babies that get to go home with you!!

Cluttered Brain said...

WAY to GO for running a marathon while prego. I could NEVER do that. I doubly applaud your efforts. Hope the babies make it to Oct.

Kelly said...

I didn't run a marathon while I was pregnant, but I have run a marathon and I cried the last 10 miles.

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!!

Lindsay said...

If there's one thing I learned in my last weeks of pregnancy with Caleb it's that a little extra family couch and tv time won't kill anyone, and it does wonders to keep babies inside longer. Happy resting!

Lauren said...

Wishing you some October "fatties." :) And, more importantly, just plain healthy babies, whenever they arrive! I can't believe you're getting so close! Best wishes!

likeschocolate said...

I can't imagine what it is like with two since I always feel that way with one. Hang in there! Just remember the longer they stay in there the less likely they will have to go to the NICU.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...