Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Pathetic Pregnancy Post

Oh... the travails of pregnancy. I guess I have become a little bit obsessed with this topic considering the fact that all I do is sit around and incubate every day. I am good for pretty much nothing else.

I went to church today and only stayed for sacrament meeting. But during the time before and after the meeting, I got a lot of very sympathetic women (and a few men) who asked me how I was doing and if they could help me at all. I have come to realize that I must look very pathetic. I mean, people are really feeling sorry for me, which almost makes me feel sorry for myself.

I have decided that in order to gin up as much sympathy as possible, I am going to follow the advice of Mrs. Bennett from "Pride and Prejudice", the best novel ever written...

"Those who don't complain, cannot be pitied."

My feet and hands are starting to feel a little bit swollen. My belly is really starting to be a hindrance to any kind of attempt at movement. And I am running out of clothing options. Hence, Rinar's stuff is looking more appealing every day.

Also, last night was lots of fun. First of all, let me say that having a craving for Krispie Kreme donuts at 9:30pm does not coincide well with any attempts at slumber. And I may have eaten three donuts. I am pregnant, so my memory is not so good, but it might have been three...just maybe. After I ate a few donuts, I went to bed and turned out the light at 12am. This is some kind of record for me. Unfortunately, even with a preventative dosage of 2 Zantac, I popped up out of bed at 12:45 with a horrible acidic surprise at the back of my throat. I downed about 8 Tums and eventually went back to sleep.

It did not last long. I popped up rather frantically out of bed again at 1:30am. It would seem that the only time I can move with any kind of speed is in these pathetic situations. After a lot of coughing, water-drinking, and Tums-chewing I had to go sit up for about an hour until my stomach settled down. I read the news on the internet and contemplated an early morning blog entry, but decided against it because I was practically delirious. By 2:30am I was back in my bed and fast asleep, I mean until about 5:30 when I had to wake up and go to the bathroom.

If there isn't pressure on one end, then there is certainly pressure on the other end.

I guess I really am as pathetic as I look these days.

6 comments:

CCmomma said...

you are such a trooper! Whine all you want- it will be over soon and then you will have something else to get you some pity and some babysitting!:) Love ya!

KAT said...

Ummm...I pity you!

likeschocolate said...

I am glad it is you and not be. Hang in there! It is almost over at or just the beginning depending on how you look at it.

Cynthia said...

I never made it as far into my twin pregnancy as you are now (congrats) but man, it was hard enough being where I was at- I can at least imagine how tough it is for you!

Still, you're almost there! You're going to have some big, healthy babies and it will all be worth it in just a few short weeks. Yeah, I know, that seems like a REALLY long time right now! LOL!

amanda said...

I think you look awesome with those two babies in there! I started wearing tyler's clothes around week 25... I have to admit it is nice being pregnant because you do have the ultimate excuse to do a lot that usually would not be so good - you know what I mean, right? I am excited to see pictures of your October babies.

Angie said...

Thanks for the details. You make me happy that all I do is chase five kids, leaving messes everywhere, with my "normal" body. Just think about holding those sweet babies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...