Thursday, September 24, 2009

35 Weeks in the Bag

I have officially made it farther than I did with Raef and Zach and I am so happy. My spirits are high and I know that I can endure to the end. Raef and Zach were born at 34 weeks and 5 days. I am 35 weeks today. My OB told me that when I make it to 36 weeks, they will do nothing to stop contractions after that. One week and I am in the clear.

Here are a few things I am looking forward to:

1. Eating whatever I want.
2. Putting the Tums in storage.
3. Taking a long, unimpeded pee.
4. Only visiting the bathroom 3 times a day, instead of 3 times an hour.
5. Touching my toes.
6. Sleeping on my stomach.

These are just a few of the things we take don't appreciate when we are not pregnant. I am ready to appreciate them to their fullest in about 2-3 weeks.

I mention #3 because I specifically remember last year when I was in the hospital after I had given birth to Eli. I went to the bathroom and I got it all out and it felt great. Sorry that I am lingering on about urination, but it is one of those things in life we don't appreciate until it becomes a big, constrained hassle. All you moms out there know what I mean.

Okay, enough about urination...

We went to the car show at the District tonight. They usually have a live band on the weekend and the kids were really excited to see a band there. They get out there and run around and dance. But mostly they just run around. Eli is especially fond of dancing. He got right out there in the middle of the little plaza and started doing his special dance moves. He really got into it. He lifted his legs higher than usually and his head was cocked to the side. Then he spun and spun and spun. When the song would finish, Eli would point at the band and say, "Mom." No, I wasn't singing. That is his way of saying 'More'. Rinar would ask him, "Do you want another song?" and then he would vigorously nod his head up and down. It was a fun night and a good memory.

1 comment:

Southern Kiwi said...

"3. Taking a long, unimpeded pee."
You really think that with five kiddies in the house, the first three are going to stop knocking on the bathroom door long enough for that to happen? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...