Sunday, January 25, 2009

Twins Can Party!









Raef and Zach turned 7 on January 15th. I didn't have a clue what I was going to do for them for their birthdays. So, a few days before the big day I decided to just throw them a party at the park. I checked the weather and it was supposed to be beautiful, and it was. I sent out a mass email to all church friends, posted notices on my Yahoo Homeschool groups, and put it on Facebook.

The result?

There must have been at least 30-40 people there. It was amazing. I got two cakes at Sam's Club, no baking required, bought a ton of candy and was ready to go. I didn't decorate anything or do any extra floofy stuff. I just set out the smorgasbord of candy, a candy buffet for the kids, and as soon as my kids got there, we sang and cut the cake.

It was a surprise party. Melanie brought the boys over and we were there waiting for them. They just said, "Hi, Mom" and kept running around the park with their friends.

It was a huge success.

I think planning is way over-rated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...