Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sightseeing in Tucson, Arizona

On Sunday we drove down to Tucson to visit my parents. The funny thing was that they were never both there at the same time. Dad was still in Phoenix for Cody's baseball and then when he was home, Mom had to work. It was a very disjointed visit, but it seemed to work out nicely. We saw everyone and had some nice visits. We were even able to play 8 & Back with Dad and Jamie, just like old times.


On Monday we did some sight-seeing with Jamie and visited to locations: San Xavier Catholic Mission and the Desert Museum at the Saquaro National Park.


The Catholic mission is located on an Indian reservation. The church was very beautiful and full of interesting details. It was built in the early 1700's. After we did our tour, we ate lunch at a little stand where they had local Indians making navajo tacos and fry bread desserts. It was very good. I am going to have to make that for dinner sometime soon.

The view from the hill was spectacular. And my kids really like to pose for photographs, as you can see.
Zach insisted on this photo. He did a great pose for it, and Raef couldn't help but join in the fun.

Wow, what a good looking little boy.

Zach, my sweetheart.

Here are some snapshots of the museum. It is a wonderful gem in Tucson. I loved it. I only wish we had more time to spend there. There was so much to see, and it was almost zoo-like with some of the exhibits. There was a cave to walk through, an aviary, river otters and a mountain lion, precious gems, and beautiful vegetation.



Here is a view of the area from the museum. Isn't it beautiful?



On Tuesday we took everyone to a local game/family place called Funtasticks. They rode go-carts, played mini-golf, arcade, and battled each other in laser tag. Mom and I hung out with Eli and then did a little shopping at the mall across the street to kill some time.

Raef had lost his second front tooth the night before. This is what his smile looks like now.

And this is a very happy baby, as you can see.

1 comment:

John said...

It looks like you've had a pretty good time. I have personally been in Tucson a couple of times, and I have to admit that I always have a good time there, too. Every time I go there I go with my caravan, but next time I intend to use the services of some of the hotels in Tucson .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...