Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Eve

Halle and Caleb came over to decorate cookies and get babysat by us. Well, Rinar did the babysitting while I whithered in my bed, handicapped by a lovely bout of strep throat. It was great to get a nasty bacteria two days before Christmas. Luckily, I recovered in time...


A family tradition...

Every year we go to St. George on Christmas Eve to spend time with Rinar's family. It works out really well for a couple of reasons: it is his mom's birthday and we can be home for Santa Claus.

This year we met at Aislinn's house and had our traditional hoagie dinner.

The kids did the nativity story. It is a tradition I started about 3 or 4 years ago. This year I really made a bunch of official costumes and used the script from sharing time. It was fun and we even sang some of the songs. I think the songs were a nice addition to it because it keeps everyone focused on the story. Music can definitely be an effective tool for things like that.

We gave Aislinn and Jason a trip to San Francisco, using points Rinar has accumulated from his many travels this last year. They seemed really surprised.

The cousins exchanged gifts and it was neat to see what they got for each other. Raef and Zach had Mary Jane and Bethany. The boys made masks for them. They looked so cute.

Rayder got a homemade bean bag toss from one of Lyf's kids. It was a really cool present.

I also was a fortunate recipient of one of those homemade gifts. They made me blocks that I can use to decorate throughout the year. It was a really cool gift.

It was a very nice Christmas Eve with the in-laws.

Before we left, the boys had to hold this slithering denizen.

1 comment:

Lanell said...

I love traditions when it comes to Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...