Monday, November 3, 2008

Why I Love Rush Limbaugh

I have always been an optimist. I plan for the worst, but I always hope for the best. This is why I love Rush Limbaugh. He is an inspiration to me...ever since I was a kid. Rush would call me a "Rush Baby". I was introduced to him when he had a television show. I was hooked ever since.


Consequently, I may have been the only 14 year old in America who cried when Bill Clinton was elected. I was really worried. But Rush Limbaugh never was discouraged, and many positive things resulted from it.


When I lived in Atlanta, I had the privilege of listening to Rush one day as he gave an inspirational monologue on dreams and goals. He was talking to some kid and he gave a little biography of his life. He first worked in radio and didn't make any money, but he loved it. Then, when he was a little older, he decided to do some kind of desk job for a paycheck. Rush did it for a few years and was absolutely miserable. So he returned to radio. He pursued his passion and the consequences of that love have been palpable. He is a huge success...because he is doing what he loves. It really meant a lot for me to hear that. I need to pursue my passions and let the consequences be what they may. (Hence, my passion has been educating my children and dedicating my life to church service.)


With all of the "noise" from different media outlets, Rush Limbaugh cuts through it all with a clarity that is unprecedented. He vocalizes the exact things that I am thinking. He has consistently been my proponent for years. He does it with a passionate intellect that is refreshing and soothing to my soul, without being insulting on any level. How grateful I truly am!


Since I know I can trust him completely, I don't have to waste thirty minutes on a weeknight watching an infomercial that I know will drive me absolutely bonkers and make my blood boil. I can wait for the trusted commentary the following day and get everything I need to know out of his expert analysis.


I also did not subject myself to countless debates. Why worry about sifting through all the nonsense? Rush does all the leg work for me.


I just love Rush Limbaugh.


And he does it all with this eternal optimism that gives me hope. I don't know why I should be hopeful, but I am. Why? Because there is somebody out there, besides me, that believes in people and believes in America. He hasn't fallen down the rabbit's hole. He keeps me sane.


So, on the eve of this historic election and as the dust settles, I know that at 9am Wednesday, I can turn on my radio and hear the dum-da-da-da-dum music and the clarion call of America's Truth-Detector and Doctor of Democracy. He will understand. He will talk me down off the ledge. He will be there for me.


I love Rush Limbaugh.

"Talent on loan from God!"

2 comments:

Meridy said...

I like Rush too, but I don't listen to him very often. You'll have to fill me us in on Wednesday ;)

I looked at all of your Halloween pics! How fun! Rinar's goatee was hilariously awesome!

Julie T. said...

I also love Rush Limbaugh. I have listened to him for a few years now and I totally agree that he always has a good message. He is one smart guy!
Also, the video of Eli getting his diaper changed is hilarious!! Is that what I have to look forward to. . . a little boy who won't sit still for two seconds??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...