Sunday, April 13, 2008

Clean Office=Messy House

When the office gets cleaned out, the entire house falls apart. That is exactly what happened yesterday. My dear husband and I spent pretty much our entire Saturday cleaning out the office. I was drowning in paper and dust. I came to a realization yesterday. I have a serious hoarding problem when it comes to scrapbooking supplies. I could not believe how much stuff I had. There were things buried everywhere. When I would clear out one corner, it would create 10 other corners of things to clean, purge, donate, and re-assign. At times it was discouraging, but in the end we prevailed. We loaded up our Tahoe with a ton of stuff and Raef and I took it to Desi's or the Bee Boutique, whichever one you prefer. I learned those nicknames from my sister-in-law Angie.

However, after all that hardwork, it really paid off. The room is almost completely empty. I got rid of a lot of things that have haunted me for some time. So, late at night I had an extremely clean office, and a disastrous toy room, cluttered hallway, pudding on the staircase, sand all over the floor downstairs, sticky stuff on my feet that I don't even what to know what it was, a mound full of dishes, and not one single clean cup in the entire house....but hey! My office is clean, darn it. So when you couple that with my cleaned out closet, I feel like a new woman!

Now I have a huge bin of Stampin' Up! stuff that I feel obligated to eBay. I believe there might be upwards of 50 stamp sets and many accessories and tools I just have to get rid of. Like the Berlin Wall, I will sell it off one piece at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...