Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chocolate Chess Pie

On the day I graduated from high school in Durham, North Carolina, my parents took me to the Angus Barn for dinner. It is one of the nicest restaurants in the area and it also happens to be a very large red barn. Dinner was delicious, but I especially remember dessert: chocolate chess pie. So, now 14 years has gone by and I was sitting there watching television and for some reason I thought about that pie. Then I realized, "Hey, I wonder if the recipe is on the internet?" So I promptly got on the computer to check, and low and behold there it was. I was excited. I was even more ecstatic to see that it was a very easy recipe. The next day I made the pie. It turned out okay, but the middle did not get cooked enough, so it was runny.

Then I tried again when I was in St. George this weekend. Unfortunately, I forgot to put butter on the list when my husband went to get the ingredients, so the entire pie was runny from using margarine, instead of butter. ***Never use margarine when it calls for butter!!!*** It pretty much tasted lousy. So, I gave it another try today, just because I had a pie shell that I didn't want to waste. I used butter this time and I added in a tablespoon of flour. OH YEAH! That is what I am talking about. A delicious chocolate pie that will probably be consumed by me alone. I need to invite a pie-eating friend over or I will have a lot of extra laps to run on the track tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Kelly! You have a blog! How fun! Thanks for the comment you made on mine...that's how I found you. :) I didn't know you had another little boy. Congratulations! I guess it's babies all around in the Nay family, eh? (Julie had a 5 week old girl, Colleen has a girl born at the end of January, and my brother Tyler and his wife, Amanda are expecting this September. Am I missing anyone? :)) Anyway, I'll have to check in here again to keep up with you guys!
-Lindsay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...