Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Lugubrious Welcome

Okay, I thought I would update everyone on a few things.

First of all, I am happy to report that at my last weigh-in at the gym I was 157 pounds.  So, I know that I have lost at least 3 pounds, maybe more.  I also measured my waist and it is now 33 inches.  This is progress. But more importantly, I have been able to do all of my training runs and I am a bit faster to begin with than I was when I started training for the Snow Canyon Half Marathon.  I have to run 3 miles today and then 8 miles this weekend.  If I keep this up and eat sensibly, I will continue to lose some weight.  

But I am not on a diet.

The babysitter continues to come on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Her name is Lama and she is adorable and does a great job with the babies. However, the babies don't find her quite so adorable. On Tuesday, Lama walked through the door. Julia saw her and started to scream and ran frantically for my legs.  

"NOOOOO!!!!! Don't leave me, Mom!!!" 

It was hilarious.  Then today Julia and Harry were sitting on the kitchen counter while I was gathering supplies for our departure.  Lama walked through the door. Julia saw her and erupted into a pathetic, desperate cry. She wrapped her arms around me and would not let go. I had to pry her loose.  Harry just sat looking at her and smiled and was like, "Whassup?"

Eli also got in on the crying action and was very upset to see her as well.  He really wanted to go, really badly.

But when I come back, the babies are in their beds sleeping and Eli is happily playing with Lama.  I am glad Lama doesn't take this lugubrious welcome personally.  My babies need to work on their hospitality skills.

The library has been such a blessing.  Today we started working on a little research project. This is their first one. It is on the coral reef.  I hate to sacrifice time doing the three R's for stuff like this, but then I had an epiphany.  With all of the practice we have had with grammar, spelling, reading, etc., now they are putting it to practice in a multifaceted way.   Cool.  Fun and educational. I love it.

Yes, we also did math and I believe they are now ready to open the division book for the first time.  It is progress.

And can I tell you how much I am loving Latin right now?  Their vocabulary will be first rate after a year of this.  It is well worth every minute we spend on it.  

Speaking of vocabulary, do you know what lugubrious means?


3 comments:

CCmomma said...

love it! you crack me up. good going o getting in shape. I'm 11 lbs from my goal wieght-feels good0 still going strong- just need a nap:)

bk said...

funny about the babysitter, and GREAT about the coral reef research!!! :)

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! I don't know how you do it all. Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...