Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My New Toy

This is my West Bend Breadmaker. I got it last week with credit card points and I am loving it! I have only made white bread as I have been unable to get molasses for wheat bread. I keep forgetting to get it when I go to the store, and I was just at Wal-mart today, ARGH.



I have made a few alterations to the recipe and my bread is...WOW...so good. The key to good bread is to add a mashed-up Vitamin C tablet to the mix. It gives the bread an extra 2 inches in height, at least! The flour is not as condensed. Plus, since I only have all-purpose flour and not bread flour, I add in a tablespoon of gluten to help it stick together better. I don't think I am going to need to buy bread at the store anymore. I will also be able to go through my food storage more effeciently.

If you want some of my bread, I am happy to make you a loaf as well. Or come over and have a sample...just like Great Harvest.




Do you notice how the top has an extra fluffiness? It is the vitamin C tablet. This loaf is going to Meredith because she just had a baby and I am taking dinner to her tonight. She is lucky, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you make one for me???? ;) Seriously, that looks awesome.

Meridy said...

I totally love my bread machine. I use mine to make the dough, and then I make dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. So yummy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...