Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bananas Do the Trick

Yesterday I tried feeding Eli rice cereal with bananas and he liked it much more. He did really well eating it and kept most bites in his mouth. He is transitioning now to the next phase of baby. You can see it in his eyes and the looks he gives you. He is soaking everything in and learning tons of things every minute he is awake. It is a marvelous thing to watch a baby grow. I just need to remind myself to stop each day and watch him so that I don't miss it.

I decided to register Raef and Zach for soccer in the fall. I did it on a whim after talking to my friend about an hour ago. She registered her son too. I have been thinking about putting them in some sort of organized physical activity and I finally took the plunge. They get a uniform and everything. I think this will be fun. Hopefully it will be a positive experience for both of them.

I went to the gym today to workout. I weighed myself and was pleasantly surprised to see that I have lost another 3 pounds. I am getting closer to losing the 20 pounds I put on from having a baby. I am not going to think of it in a total amount of 20 pounds. Instead of saying that I have 20 lbs. to lose, I am telling myself I only have 2 more pounds to lose. Then I start over with my next 5 pounds. Before I know it, all the weight will be gone. Plus, I really want to start running more intensely and competing in road races, but I am hesitant to do too much because of the extra weight I will be lugging around. By the end of the summer I should be able to start training for a half marathon in St. George in December. Then all of the weight should most assuredly come off.

Anyways, when we got home from the gym, I wanted to make some pizza dough. Eli was really hungry and I didn't want to feed him right away until I could get the dough going. Hence, I put him in his highchair and asked Raef to feed him. Raef did a great job! He fed him banana rice cereal while I made dough. Then Zach took a turn and fed Eli as well. It was great and I was able to get a lot more done in less time.

Don't I have great kids?

1 comment:

Creamer Family said...

Hi Kelly
I haven't done a race in almost 2 years, except for the 5k with my daughter this Spring, but a friend encouraged me to sign up for a 10k trail run in September. For me, it takes a race goal to keep me going. I bet you will be out on the road in no time and running will feel so good! Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...