Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Crazy-Busy Weekend

Yesterday was a crazy-busy day! I woke up early in the morning to go shopping for the things I would need for a baby shower for Melanie and Christina H. I had to make 2 salads and a trifle. When I got home I only had 45 minutes to put it all together. I quickly realized I was in trouble. So I summoned my husband and he came to my rescue. I gave him instructions on putting it together, and while he assembled I was rigorously chopping, dicing and slicing.

With a few minutes to spare, I went to the shower. I dropped off my stuff and then rushed to a baptism for Chad. I stayed for about 30 minutes and left early and then went back to the shower because I was the one hosting, with my friend Carolyn. After the shower I came home and then went to the store again to buy some ink cartridges so I could make a bulletin board for Primary. I was also hosting a couples night, in which only one couple came. It was actually a relief for me. They are my favorite couple anyways! Since we had more food than we needed, I called on Elaine and Rich to come over and it worked out perfectly because they hadn't eaten dinner.

After Elaine and Rich went home, Amy and Stan stayed to play "Apples to Apples" with us. I actually won a game. I swear that never happens!

By 11pm, I realized I had not done my bulletin board and I just could not put it off one more week. Therefore, I sucked it up and got it all made.

Rinar took it in the morning with him and put it up for me. He went to Bishopbric meeting and then came home and we went to St. George. We went to his parents ward and all the kids were there (except Lani) and we sang the Erickson classic, "Red, White, and Blue".

We stayed for dinner afterwards and came home before it was too late.

Like I said, it was a crazy-busy sort of weekend.

3 comments:

Our Happily Ever After said...

What a busy weekend for you! You're like "SuperWoman" or something. Sorry I missed the baby shower. I'm sure it was a success since you were the one hosting. And I'm really sorry I missed your trifle - YUM! Well, hope you have a more relaxing week :)

P.S. I hear we're going to be in the same stake now. YAY!

Kelly said...

That is hilarious. I guess you can't get rid of us that easily, huh?

likeschocolate said...

Reading this makes me dizzy. I can't believe you got it all done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...