Sunday, January 24, 2016

Viola Fest

Every week seems to just be zooming by and this one is no exception. I can't believe that another week is over. We just did our things this week: basketball, dance, music, school, game club, church. Now I am getting ready to hit the reset button and start all again this coming week. 

Rinar took Eli and Julia to St. George on Friday morning to stay for the weekend. My Grandma is moving into an assisted living facility and needed help getting her furniture moved so she could get released from the rehab center and get going on a new life. Her health has taken a serious turn for the worse these past few months and it is just not possible for her to live on her own anymore. This gave Rinar a good reason to go down. He took his truck and borrowed his brother Nordel and spent a few hours getting everything in place, as it was not possible for my uncles to go down this weekend. It also happens to be the 2nd anniversary of Lynn's death and Rinar wanted to be there to commemorate his dad with his siblings. I think they all got together on Saturday and visited the grave site, singing songs, telling stories, and just being together.

I was not able to go because Raef and Harry had committed to participating in Viola Fest. It was on Saturday also. Zach stayed with me as well because he was going to go on a Boy Scout campout, which ended up getting canceled at the last minute due to permit issues. The Viola Fest went well. They participated in a couple of classes and then performed a concert. Raef did a solo because he was the only student to graduate from book 6. Then with each lower book, the stage got more and more crowded. Harry played the last three songs and was so darn cute. When the Twinkle finale was played, he was cracking me up with his silly faces in between each variation.

And can I just say that Harry is such a special little boy. On Friday, he eagerly helped me do a slew of chores and he did them really well. He has also gotten into a habit this past week of making everyone's beds. He even made mine today before we went to church. I was rushing to get everyone ready that I just didn't have time to do it myself. Too bad everyone doesn't have a Harry like I do. I am a very lucky woman.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...