Sunday, January 17, 2016

14 Years Old!

I can't believe that 14 years ago I became a mom for the first time. I have been so blessed with two incredible young men. I love them both so much. Raef is now officially 6 feet tall and Zach is almost 5'10". They are both a pleasure to be around. And in honor of this momentous birthday, Rinar and I broke down and got them both phones. I guess it is time for them to enter a new phase of life. They were both pretty darn surprised and very happy with the gift.

On Friday night, we took the family to watch Zach perform in a very shortened version of King Lear. The kid was a riot. He played both Cornwall and Edmund. It was funny because there was one scene where he had to do both parts at the same time. I enjoyed it thoroughly. He couldn't help but smile with every line, even though he was supposed to be "evil". The most adorable "evil" Edmund I think I have ever seen.



On Saturday, Rinar took them and about 8 friends to Chick-Fil-A and then a movie at the $1 theater. When they got back, they hung out in the basement for a little while and played a hilarious game of sting pong.  You play round robin pong and the last one standing gets to hit the ball into the bare backs of the losers.  Those boys were hilarious. Rinar and Brian L. (Eli and Izzy's dad) even joined in on the fun.  Zach just sat with Izzy the whole time as he had not interest in playing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...