Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Closet Chaos

I am realizing a truth about myself: I hate clothes. I despise laundry, I don't like folding, I especially don't like putting it away. For some reason, this is my achilles heel. If I could wear the same jeans every day for the rest of my life and somehow get away with it, I would. I don't know what it is. But when I see this...


it almost sends me into a breakdown. This was what I came home to tonight. One two year-old was able to pull out every single piece of clothing and toy and dress-up and pile it on the floor. It paralyzes me when I have to deal with this. But, I must add, that I kept the murmuring down to a low simmer while I was excavating this disaster. I am proud of myself for that. 

I can take a disastrous kitchen in stride or even a chaotic living room. But this kind of stuff is the worst for me. Bleh!

I took out every single piece of clothing in the girls' room and put it on my dining room table. I pulled out the television, popped in a movie, and started the long process of purge, fold, organize. It only took about 2 hours to get all of that (more of it is being the closet door) consolidated into 4 small baskets. Those baskets now reside in the linen closet in the hall. No more clothes in this room for the foreseeable future. My sanity depends on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...