Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Uncle John

Uncle John just left to go home to St. Louis.  Rinar's uncle decided he really wanted to visit us and help us out with the new baby and all the chaos that ensues.  This was an unexpected surprise and I wasn't sure how it would go, considering the fact that I had just given birth. But I am really glad that he came.

The day before he arrived I was complaining to Rinar about how yucky I felt. I just felt like I was drowning.  The house was in complete disarray, I felt lousy (of course), and I really felt like my life was spiraling out of control. You know when there is just so much to do and you don't even know where to begin?  This is the state I found myself in last week. It wasn't postpartum depression or anything. I was just feeling very overwhelmed.  

And then we were slated to host a visitor.  Oh boy. I was feeling a bit anxious. But when John got here and we sat down and talked for a while, I realized that he was just what I needed. He was the shot in the arm to get me going.  We had a wonderful conversation and I felt reinvigorated. There is just something about visiting with friends and positive people that really helps me.  

John stayed for about a week and played for hours with my little kids. They just loved him and were constantly asking me where he was. He would play dolls with Julia or draw princesses for her to color, or he would get down on the floor and play Legos with Harry and Eli. Everyone was happy that he was here and it freed me to just spend time with Noelle, time I was very grateful to have.

It was really nice to reconnect with him. I don't think we had seen him for at least a couple of years. Family is such a blessing.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...