Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Mallo Memory

When I was a little girl, I had the privilege of going on many weekend trips with my dad. He was on a company softball team and I was the official bat girl.  We went all over the great state of North Carolina.  It is funny what can trigger memories like this, but today I was at the dollar store and I saw this treat...



...the Mallo Cup.  Have you ever had one? They are a delicious confection of chocolate, marshmallow and a wee bit of coconut.  Yum-O!  

It brought me right back to a trip I took with my dad. I can see the road and the little store where I bought this very treat. We were on our way back from a tournament in the very western tip of the state. Dad and I decided to take a detour and drive through the Appalachian mountains. At some point, we stopped at a gas station off of a windy road and I got Mallo Cups and an orange soda.  Shortly after we hit the road again, I remember a beautiful green field and a vivid rainbow.  It had been foggy and drizzly, and so the rainbow was a welcome site.


When I eat a Mallo Cup it always brings me back to the Appalachian mountains, rainbows, and my dad. I wonder what my kids will remember about me?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...