Thursday, May 3, 2012

Don't Judge Me

We made it to the park a few days ago. I took a few snapshots.  The kids really had a lot of fun, despite the darn wind.  




This is Harry being a monkey.



And sweet, sweet Julia.  She spent about 20% of her time on the playground equipment, and 80% on the swings.  She pretty much would like me to push her all the time.  I am good for about 5 minutes, and then it is time to do something else.  


Nope. Not according to her.


I refused to push her at all. This is my new, anti-whining strategy. So, she just laid on a swing and swung herself, superman-style. She seemed happy, and I was happy.  


Then some lady had the nerve to put her in a baby swing and start pushing her.  And here I am sitting on the park bench messing with my phone, the wind rippling through my hair. I felt obligated to stand up and look like I cared what each of my kids was doing...you know, busy enough so I had some excuse for why I wasn't over there pushing my darling daughter.


And then I thought...Hey, don't judge me because I am not pushing my daughter on the swing.


Maybe I just don't want to!  There, I said it.


Why did I care what that lady thought?  I should have just sat there and continued to play on my phone.  Yes, I am THAT kind of mom.



This is Eli's pose these days.





And Raef and Zach continue to progress as Webelos.  Way to go, boys!




1 comment:

Hoku said...

I absolutely love your tell-it-like-it-REALLY-is honesty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...