Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Box Slayer

The last few days have been crazy tough.  We are going through a major transition here and to top it off, I have a million things going on in my head right now. I can't turn it off, even if I try.


Moving continues and we are up against a deadline. Next week, Rinar, Raef, Zach and I leave for Europe for two weeks. That means I must be unpacked and have the old house turnkey in the next few days.  


Rinar flew to St. George and then rented a moving truck to get all of our stuff from our condo. Yep, we are selling it and wanted to get it on the market before we left on our big trip. He will be here any minute now.  Then he will be leaving tomorrow around noon to Boston for a national meeting with work. So I am on my own.  He flies back here on Wednesday and then we will leave the same day for San Francisco, to fly out on Thursday.  Did you follow all of that? 


Life is completely bananas.


I am a box-slayer.  Everyday I chuck more and more of those empty evil brown cubes into the backyard. They are dying a very quick death. I hope to rid myself of the box pox by tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. Luckily, I have been able to see a place for all of our things.  I don't like to put it away until I know where it should go. This strategy can lend itself to organized chaos.  But I don't think it is going to take too long to get it put away.


As for my brain, I have a tendency to really get myself worked up about political issues that I really have no control over.  I have gotten better over the years, but it can really eat away at me.  I still have not come to a peaceful resolution in my own mind. I want to just let it go, but I can't. And I really don't want to share what it is, because I don't want to come across as being prejudice, small-minded, or open up a nasty debate. Believe me, it is raging inside of me right now and I can't find a happy place to go.  But I know I will eventually. Once I decide, I will be unflappable.


But for now, I will continue slaying my boxes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...