Monday, October 31, 2011

My Little Ones Are Smart

I am going to be honest here. My heart just really wasn't into Halloween this year.  This is what you get.


 Julia's outfit was just a hodgepodge of orange and black stuff I have picked up along the way. She liked it.


 Eli's costume was game time decision. I thought he would do the blue and green 5-eyed monster outfit I put him in a few years ago. But he went all crazy with the dogs this year.


Yep, that is a costume that Zach wore two years ago.  And he did his own makeup.





Raef really wanted to be a vampire. He did his own makeup as well.


We did have a lot of fun trick-or-treating. We drove down to Rolling Hills, the neighborhood that surrounds the church building. It was the perfect location. The houses are close together. Lots of people did get into Halloween, so there were neat decorations everywhere. It didn't take Julia, Harry, and Eli long to catch onto the whole candy thing.  They had a ball. Harry would even walk right into people's houses when he saw the reserve candy.  Even though we were a motley crew, they got lots of comments from people saying how cute they were.  

It was a lot of fun. We made the rounds for about an hour and then headed home with our haul.  Thank you Harry, Julia, and Eli for collecting my candy.

Then when we got home I was shocked to hear the doorbell ring. Have you seen our driveway???  Sure enough, one family of trick-or-treaters.  Luckily I had some candy leftover from a homeschool party we did on Friday. If not, I would have had to sacrifice our candy.  After all, they did walk all the way up the driveway, you know.

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I was happy to donate some of our candy from the children's buckets when we ran out. The kids are adorable!

Southern Kiwi said...

The costumes are great! We didn't have any trick-or-treaters in our neighbourhood this year.

Sharper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...