Monday, March 7, 2011

These Moments

Do you ever have a moment when you realize you have taken things for granted?  I have been feeling that way a tiny bit this past week. As I drive around Las Vegas, I see the beautiful mountains in the background. They seem to be a little bit softer, a bit more colorful, and inviting.  The trees seem to stand a little bit taller and the air is more crisp.  

I must be getting ready to say goodbye. The time is quickly approaching and Las Vegas seems to be beckoning me to stay. Everything seems a little bit nicer now that it won't be my backyard anymore.

Ironic, huh?

Just this past week the weather has been ideal. It has been in the low 70's with a slight breeze. The bushes are starting to reawaken and the city seems to be pulsing to a lovely rhythm.  

I know that I am moving and that I am running out of time.  I look forward to a new chapter of my life in Reno, while at the same time I have tried not to think about leaving. There is a part of me that doesn't want to leave. Nevertheless, it is what it is and I am going to savor new opportunities that I am being blessed with today.

However, as I view Las Vegas in my rear view mirror for the last time, I am sure I will shed a few tears.

3 comments:

Southern Kiwi said...

Just out of curiosity, did you feel the same way about leaving Atlanta? I can't imagine anyone being upset / nostalgic when leaving this place... :-D

Lindsay said...

I didn't learn to truly love a desert landscape until I moved East. And, even though I've learned to love the green, leafy East, sometimes I miss the dry, brown West so much it hurts.

Good luck with your move.

likeschocolate said...

Wow! Your moving. Wishing you all the best in your new adventure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...