Friday, March 4, 2011

Eli's Birthday Party...Finally!

I threw together a very last minute party for Eli. He turned three almost a month ago.  The only thing I had done for him was tell him happy birthday. I thought I would remedy that. Yesterday, I told a few of my friends who have kids his age that I was throwing a party in the morning. It was so last minute. I baked a cake last night, printed up some coloring pages, pulled out some old Halloween crafty foam stickers, and got some sugar cookies at the store for them to decorate.

7 kids came over and it actually turned out really well. They had a lot of fun for 90 minutes and then it was time to go home.



Don't you love the sprinkles? He did a great job on his, with an avalanche of sprinkles.

Jocelyn, Ben, and Shyann

Carolyn and Jocelyn. Jocelyn's hair is amazing.

Charlie M. with his half-eaten cookie.

This cake was supposed to be red.  I really did add a lot of food coloring. I guess I need to add a lot more. I did not intentionally make him a pink cake. And what's wrong with pink anyways? It's still a color.

Harry loved all of the sugar.  Bullseye!

Eli LOVES to color. He will do it for hours. He colored three Diego pictures on his own and did a great job.

Julia really liked the frosting on her cookie.


We sang to Eli  before everyone left. This is a pretty funny video. Eli's friend Ben was really into this whole birthday thing and blew out the candles first.  Then I re-lit them and we sang a refrain and he tried to blow them out again but his mom stopped him. He wasn't too happy about it.


4 comments:

Hoku said...

Hahaha! Love the video, and that Eli didn't even fuss!

Jen said...

I happen to love the quick nose wipe before the main event... Classic!

Carolyn said...

He will thank me for that someday! Plus--blowing out candles with snot clear down to your mouth is not a good idea. I'm just sayin...

NormaKimokeo said...

What a FUN idea for a party!! You are such a terrific mom and person! I just LOVE you! You always amaze me and make me smile. I especially LOVE your go-with-the-flow attitude. You have such a wonderful family. I will miss seeing you when you all move to Reno. (But I'm happy for you, really.) Love your blog. (sorry so "gushing"... seems to be a family trait.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...