Friday, December 3, 2010

Gold, Not Silver Boys!

Two exuberant 8 year-old boys give me a definite advantage. Christmas decorating is done. They left me no choice. I couldn't procrastinate any longer. We had a lull yesterday when we finished school and they were driving me crazy and I didn't want them to veg in front of the television or video console, so I told them to bring in the Christmas boxes. I was talking to my sister on the phone. Then I told them to start getting everything out. I was still on the phone.  And because I was closely supervising them (wink, wink), I told them to start decorating stuff.

And look what those little rascals did?


I mean, they have a lot of nerve, don't they?  I told them the colors were red and gold this year, not silver.  But their creative juices could not be contained.

Besides this dresser that is totally in my house by the way, it looked like a Christmas bomb had exploded in my kitchen.  I was forced, FORCED to clean it up and do some darn Christmas decorating.

Fine. I did it!

Unfortunately, it is late at night and I am too lazy to take some pictures. But believe me, it looks way better than that silver scheme my kids did.

Heather also helped me. That's right, my little sister came up from Arizona to visit me.  So fun.  I didn't bother to clean anything for her arrival. If you want to know the truth, I rarely clean for anyone's arrival anymore, generally speaking. It is what it is. That's all I am saying. Since Heather came, I had a really productive day today. I took the babies to their 6 month-old appointment. Oh wait, they are 14 months-old. Well, whatever. I cleaned a lot of stuff with Heather.  I couldn't stop her from cleaning so I didn't bother trying.  We cleaned together while the babies napped, Eli sang, and the boys played in the orchestra. It was quite lovely.

Then after dinner I went to Spender's Saver's to find a few things. Boy, did I ever!  Got a bunch of toys there and with a little bit of rubbing alcohol, they will be good as knew. 

Look, babies don't care if stuff is brand-new.  Then again, why should we, right? But I have to sell this "new" idea to Raef and Zach because it has to be from Santa Claus.  Raef is still on board 100%, but Zach is getting suspicious. 

I think I will save the Santa Claus blog for another day.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Meridy said...

Actually I think that their little decorating escapade could have made it to a magazine. I liked it, even though I am a red and gold person.

Meridy said...

Oh wait...it was from a "magazine". I feel really embarrassed right about now........

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...