Thursday, September 23, 2010

Do Run Run

I decided that the only way I am going to lose the last 10-15 pounds from two consecutive pregnancies is to train for something. Therefore, on November 6th I will be cruisin' down the beautiful, scenic Snow Canyon State Park, on gravel trails in the park, over to the Entrada lava fields and finishing up at Snow Canyon high school.  Yep, that is 13.1 miles. It is definitely more appealing than doing 26.2.  I am going to really have to work up the courage to try a full marathon again.

I was sort of inspired by Rinar's triathlon on Saturday.  I still have no desire to do a triathlon. I think those people are c-razy. First of all, getting in icy cold water early in the morning is not my idea of fun. Plus, I am a slow swimmer. I can swim long distances. I know I can, but picture a sea turtle and then it gives you a picture of my swimming abililties.  Maybe I could get faster. I don't know.

Then you flop out of the water like a soggy doggy and race frantically to a bicycle that costs way too much money.  I know I would love the zooming along aspect of the bicycle portion, but I am sure I would crash. Road burns wouldn't go well with my racing ensemble.

The worst part for me would be going from 25 mph to 7 mph.  It is a buzzkill to start running after you have been biking. I could imagine it is like running with a spare tire around your waist.  Ugh.

But maybe I am wrong.  I have much respect for my triathlon husband and brother-in-law.  They are doing great things. I just don't think I am up for that.  Plus, when would I ever find the time to do that much training? The great thing about the training program I am using for the half-marathon is that I only have to run 4 days a week.  I just want to finish with a decent time. I think if I stick to my schedule I will be able to do it.

Plus, I just got a new pair of Asics yesterday and they are pink with a paisley print on the inside. It is perfect. 

Girl power!

2 comments:

NormaKimokeo said...

I LOVE the new name! It's perfect because you are such a go-with-the-flow kind of gal. Sure love you guys.

Angie said...

You go girl! Now all you need is a pink tutu.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...