Sunday, April 5, 2009

My "Frah-jee-lay" Moment

Have you ever had a "frah-jee-lay" moment?



I did yesterday.

I was reading a scripture story to the kids. It was going well. The title of the story was "Balaam and the Talking Donkey". Characters in this story included Balaam, Balak, the Moabites, and a guy named Ashamed.

Ashamed? Who is this guy? He just popped up out of nowhere in the story.

The sentence said, "Ashamed, Balaam bowed his head while the angel rebuked him..."

Yes, I read the sentence out loud like this, "Ah-shaw'-med", and then I got very confused. Then I realized the error. I was so ashamed of myself.

Ralphie's dad has got nothing on me.

Then I couldn't stop laughing so Rinar decided to take over the reading responsibilities and he read the word "co-ax".

I'm sorry, what is a co-ax doing in an Old Testament story. Oh, you mean coax, like, come here little donkey, come here please.

3 comments:

Our Happily Ever After said...

"Ah-shaw'-med." That is hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing myself. I just love your stories!

Jen said...

You guys are High-larry-ous!!

Brook and Chad said...

I was needing a pick me up, and you are a good bet for that! Thanks for the funny laugh!!! xoxo b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...