Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Catye and Mike Have a Baby

Monday was an incredible day.  I got the call I have been waiting for from my sister Catye. It was time. Her baby was coming.  I was so excited. I really hoped to be able to be there for the birth of her first baby. It was such a privilege.

Catye went into labor in the morning. I got there just before lunch. And then we waited. At about 6:30 she started pushing and it lasted for two hours. Amazingly enough, I was able to stand there and help her for most of it. But then I got tired and thought it was probably a good idea to have a seat and rest.  The doctor came in at about 8:30. The news was not that good.  The baby's head was up instead of down and he just was not going to come out.  There were two options: forceps or a c-section.

It got a little intense. Catye started to get a bit panicky.


Look, I have had 3 c-sections and am getting ready to have number four. I told her it was not a big deal. If they had to do a c-section, it would be fine.  Catye was very fortunate that she was under the care of a very experienced doctor and so they chose to use forceps.

There was a lot of tugging and pulling. Thank goodness this girl had an epidural.


But, it was all worth it.  Look at that chunker!


Paul, 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long. Catye was not that big, but man she made a a nice chunky little rascal.

He is so precious. I am so proud of my little sister. She was definitely a warrior.


Now it is time to be a mama.

Welcome to the world, Paul. You are lucky to have two wonderful parents.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...