Sunday, February 3, 2013

My War on Sugar

I attended a Sugar Blues Workshop last month. It got me to commit to action. You see, I have known for a long time that sugar is toxic to my body.  I know it makes me feel crummy, makes me look lousy, and causes a consistently dull, coursing pain throughout my body. I have just learned to deal with the pain over the years. It is the price I paid for ice cream, cookies, candy, etc.

I have wanted to stop eating sugar for quite some time, but was never really willing to do it. My mind was there, but my heart was far from it.

And then I attended Larae's sugar workshop. It was just the kick in the pants I needed. Since that night, I have not consumed any sugar. It has been about a month now. And I am actually shocked at how easy it has been. I decided that I am not on a diet. I can eat other bad stuff, just not sugar. Baby steps, you know.

However, the consequences of this momentous decision have been great. I naturally desire healthier fare. Fruit is delicious and really satisfies my need for sweet. I don't have the 4:00pm mommy crash and actually stay pretty active. I am planning my meals and saving the family tons of money. I am baking more, looking for healthy, cost-effective snacks for the family. I don't have pain. I have energy and I don't think about eating out, like, at all. I feel more even.

It is amazing.

And then there is the other evil, insidious reason why I have declared a war on sugar: the $4,000 candy bag. You heard me right. My darling little daughter stole a whole bunch of candy, hid it in her room, and noshed on it for a month every night before going to bed. In a matter of a few months, she has holes in almost every single tooth in her mouth.  {{Breathe in Jesus, breathe out Satan. Breathe in Jesus, breathe out Satan...}}

Oh my heavens, gracious, goodness me. This one is going to hurt. 

So, it has been pretty easy to associate many negative and nasty things with the new five letter word in my life: S-U-G-A-R.

But sugar, you are going down!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...