Monday, January 14, 2013

At Home With Chick-fil-A

For several years, Rinar and I lived in Atlanta, Georgia. It is the home of Chick-fil-A.  I love Chick-fil-A. As a kid, this restaurant was only found in a mall but in Atlanta, there was a drive-thru about one mile from my house.  I would go there at least once a month and that chicken sandwich was heavenly.

Then we moved to Nevada.  No Chick-fil-A...like, anywhere.  Seriously, I think the closest one was in Salt Lake City.  After several years, Rinar got a job where he would work half of the week in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The first thing I asked him when he started this new career adventure was if there was a Chick-fil-A in Albuquerque. I mean, the plane ride was only an hour long, so I figured he could bring one home to me every once in a while. And he did.  Plus, he would have done just about anything for me since I was pregnant at the time.

Sadly, Reno does not have one either. And every time we have driven to California, we always make it a point to stop at one of their restaurants in Sacramento. I have always thought that two hours away was not too bad. It is a heck of a lot closer than Salt Lake City.

But now I am free of the Chick-fil-A curse.  Why, you may ask? Is it because they are building one here in Reno?  Well, no.  I don't think so. But it really does not matter, thanks to my new favorite obsession, Pinterest.

A few weeks ago, a recipe popped up that said it was the secret Chick-fil-A concoction.  What!?! No way. I pinned that thing in about 1.3 seconds. And tonight, the recipe made it on to my menu plan.  I made Chick-fil-A chicken bites. And let me tell you...they were delicious.

Mine did not turn out as pretty as this picture, but they sure tasted like Chick-fil-A.



I think that my life is now complete.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...