Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hoover Dam Tradition

On our return trip to Reno, we drove through Las Vegas. I just had to get a picture at the Hoover Dam.  What can I say? It is a tradition.  I can't believe how much my kids have grown.



The next time I get back for a picture, Raef and Zach are probably going to be at the top of the seal. And this time, instead of being intolerably hot, it was quite chilly. I think it was in the 30's.




We then headed up to St. George to stay the night. St. George is not really on the way home, but I had a little chore to do.  I met with Lyf to get the elk meat that was processed from Rinar's successful elk hunt in November. We stayed at my Grandmother's house. It was probably like a whirlwind for her, but she was incredibly kind to put up with the chaos.  We even ate black-eyed peas and rice for the New Year. I was surprised to see that the kids actually really liked it. Harry especially liked the black-eyed peas.

Nordel met us at the park before we left and the kids were able to play for a little while. Nordel is holding his son Boston, in this picture. What a little cutie.



The drive home was very long, but uneventful.  Thank goodness for that.  I was elated to be back on home turf, sleeping in my own bed. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...