Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ramblings

Change is in the air. Can't you feel it?  I can. For some reason, I can.  I love this time of year. I love autumn so much.  It is the crispness in the air, school supplies, learning, new adventures, rebirth.  I love the colors and festivities.  It is the time of the year, when the earth casts off the old, preparing for new things.

I feel exactly the same way right now.  The last 18 months have really been a struggle for me in many aspects.  I have just kept on going through it all. However, I don't feel that way anymore. I feel an awakening and a need to cast off the old and start anew. I don't just want to go through things, but to experience life and taste of the goodness it has to offer. I want to live it to the best of my ability.

I guess this means it is time to reassess what I am doing and to set new goals for myself.  Next Saturday is the marathon. This will mean the completion of two for the year.  It has been a good thing because it has given me something to do. As hard as it has been, I am glad this was my marathon year.  But I am ready for new things. And like I have unequivocally stated before, there will be no more marathon years in the future.

I feel a restlessness inside of me.  This usually means it is time for a big old road trip. I think I am going to break out my map and see where I want to go.  I want my kids to experience awesome new things and savor also. I want to take them along on a ride with me.  And just like I read in the book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, I want to make my life an interesting story.

As you can see, I don't really have this narrowed down to specific goals, but I am working on that part of it. I am pretty much just rambling.  But here is the one thing I know for sure. I have a great desire to reconnect with God on a deeper and more meaningful level. I think I have been a wayward child and I know it is time to come home. Once I do that, I know that I can do anything. And I will.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...