Monday, June 27, 2011

When You Want To Change the World

Sometimes I feel like I want to conquer the world. Don't worry, the feeling is usually fleeting, but today was one of those days when I felt like superwoman.

About a week ago, I met some girlfriends at a place called "The Chocolate Bar". Hello! Perfect name, right? We were talking and my new friend Julie was sharing with us how she is going to do surrogacy. I was completely amazed and a bit bewildered.  I was also wondering if the girl is a bit crazy. Since I have already done IVF twice, I could feel the pain she was going to experience already.  Julie then told us how she had wanted to join the military a few years ago. Her husband talked her out of it. But she just has this strong desire to change the world and do big things.  As crazy as it was, I love her enthusiasm!

I may not manifest it in the same way as she does, but I think I often feel the same as her.  In the past, this usually meant I was at Home Depot buying paint or at HomeFabrics picking up some funky fabric to do a new, overly-ambitious project.

Now, I don't really feel like painting anything, but I do feel a strong desire to take on a new, big project that will better my life, push me beyond my limits, and make the world a better place. I find that those two things usually go together quite nicely.  Whenever I challenge my own capabilities, it benefits those around me.

I have come up with something grand and ambitious and I am really ready to jump in with both feet and just go for it.

I plan on starting a children's choir here in Reno.  I think we need one.  I want the musical fulfillment for my own soul, and heaven knows this place needs some musical nurturing. It is pretty pathetic. So why not nurture it from infancy, right?

Just ordered the music tonight and can't wait to get my little paws on it.

Watch out world...here I come.

1 comment:

Southern Kiwi said...

I think a children's choir is a great idea! Keep us up with how it goes :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...